Pete Sampras: " I would bit Federer on grass"

Open2Earth



Pete Sampras: " I would bit Federer on grass"


Pete Sampras did not mince words when answering the questions of journalists mounted a talk to promote an exhibition match that will play the U.S. in Los Angeles next month to Marat Safin.

Who is the best tennis player ever? Sampras is very clear that this debate will never be resolved. "We are so eager to give the title of best ever somebody ... With the numbers would have to give it to Roger, but if you look at his numbers against Nadal maybe not. But the story did not end. Yet we are probably 3 or 4 years more with these two types competing against the other, "said the American, who knows that the Spaniard will plugged into the circuit. "Nadal Roger now hungry again snatched the number 1. Nadal is one of the few players who has the inner strength to believe it's better than Roger, "said U.S. questioned by Fuebuena.ar.

On the last Wimbledon final in which he was present and which saw Federer snatched the record for Grand Slam conquered, Pete said, "It was a historic moment, I was happy to be there. A long trip, but it was worth , sitting watching these guys battle in an epic match with Laver, Borg, Santana ... I was very happy for Roger and I felt bad for Andy, who would affect that loss for a while. " "On grass, Federer did not face in recent years someone to do serve and volley, which put pressure. Nobody scares. Believe that my game would make Roger uncomfortable, would rise to the network with both serves and would put pressure on his backhand, be who dictate the actions. Were you win? sure. In my prime on grass I felt unbeatable, especially in the mid-'90s. do not think I could have beaten anyone since. was hard to break my serve, played good background, I moved well enough. Looking at my Federer would have been a great challenge. "

Given the possibility of engaging in training in the future, it is clear Sampras. "Train? Only from my house and the Blackberry (laughs). Do not see myself in the circuit and traveling. But never say never.'m Sure Connors never thought she would coach. I want to stay at home and help my children in the future, but without traveling. just want them to behave well and have fun, nothing more, "he said.

On the possibility to maintain contact with fellow friendship racket world, Pete said "with that of mobile text message, it's easy to keep in touch with people without speaking. With Roger I have become good friends over the past years. sending me messages also with James Blake. And Andy Roddick sent him an e-mail after his defeat at Wimbledon. A major, Courier, Agassi, I see them from time to time. "

No comments:

Post a Comment